Sensei Jason Campbell
About Sensei Jason Campbell
- Current Rank: Shodan (1st Degree Black Belt)
- Favorite Technique: Tani – otoshi
- In Judo Since: 1982
- NCCP / Referee Status: Working on Level 1 & 2
- First Aid: Paramedic
- 1997 Promoted to Shodan (Kempo Karate) (1st Degree Black Belt)
- 2006 Promoted to Shodan (Judo) (1st Degree Black Belt)
- 1991 Qualified as an Alternate for the Canadian National Judo Championships Juvenile Division
- 1997 – 2000 Dojo-shu & Coach Scarborough Judo Club
- 2004 – 2007 Trained at Scarborough Dojo Judo Club
- 2007 – 2011 Coach Iron Will Judo Club
- 2017 – 2018 Coach Iron Will Judo Club
- 2018 – Sensei Judokaa Martial Arts Judo Club
The love and appreciation for judo began at the at the age of five. Jason started training with his father (Steve Campbell Sensei) and became a regular fixture at the judo club. He was introduced to Karate at age nine, and began to train at Judo and Karate simultaneously.
Jason obtained his Brown Belt in Judo in 1993. It was then that he suffered a major injury which put him out of action for several months while recovering from surgery. After he was fully recovered, he began to train and focused on Karate in order to obtain his Black Belt, which he accomplished in 1997. Jason won numerous trophy’s for kata and kumite (sparring) over the years.
Jason took over the running of the Scarborough Judo Club when his father moved to Calgary in 1997. Jason successfully managed the judo club until 2000. Then, as University commitments became too great, he again had to take time away from full time training.
Throughout his judo training, Jason learned kata with his dad and was Steve’s Uke (partner) for kata competitions and Black Belt Gradings. In 2004, Jason started to train full time at judo to obtain his black belt which he accomplished in 2006!
2011 through 2017, Jason trained at various judo, karate and ju-jitsu dojos.
Jason looks forward to many great years at Judokaa Martial Arts Judo Club and is excited to have his children Jayna & Tristan with us on the mat!
Jason looks forward to seeing them throw Grandpa soon!